Monday, June 30, 2008

My First Impressions of Moscow

My first few days in Russia were great. I was suprised to find out that I knew more Russian than I thought, but also that I have so much more to learn! I was able to negotiate purchasing cell phones and plans for two of my fellow group members without any assistance! I later bought my own phone and plan (see below for the number). I lived in the dorms for the first three days. The first night was the big quarter final for soccer, Spain versus Russia. I chose to stay in on the first night, away from the large, drunken mobs of potentially unruly Russian football (soccer) fans. The following day, we acclimated more to life in Moscow and were allowed to explore on our own. I visited Детский Мир, an extravagant children's toy story suggested to me by Russian friends online. It was great to imagine what a Russian childhood might have been like.

I now have a Russian cell phone number. If you'd like to call me, incoming calls are free for me: 7.915.179.4828

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! You missed the soccer game!