Sunday, June 22, 2008

Departure

Tomorrow I depart for Washington, DC for my orientation preceding my study abroad summer semester in Moscow. While I may be nervous about my trip to Moscow, I find comfort in my previous study abroad experience, having already spent a week in DC and studied abroad in Seville, Spain, for 5 months previously. Orientation should be relatively painless, just a quick, one-day session and then we fly out of Reagan National to Moscow. For the first few days, I will be staying in the dorms and then I will be staying with a host family. I can't wait to find out what they are like. As for now, I'm wrapping up a few final things at home before I go. My bags are packed. The bank has been informed that I'll be making purchases outside the country. I've said goodbye to friends. Now I just have to wait these last few hours before I can actually depart....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, you are always this considerate, leaving nothing behind but everything well prepared. Consider running for president.