Thursday, July 3, 2008

Moscow - Prospective Itinerary (Updated)

PROSPECTIVE ITINERARY

State Tretyakov Gallery
Tsaritsino
The Kremlin (July 4th)
Moscow Museum of Modern Art
Mayakovsky Museum
Red Square (June 26th)
St. Basil's Cathedral (June 26th)
New/Novi Arbat Street
Old/Stari Arbat Street
Pushkin Museum
Museum of the Battle of Borodino
Bolshoi Theater
VDNKh
Vinzavod Gallery
Cathedral of Christ the Savior
Walk down the Moscow River (don't do this)
Gorky Park
Pushkin Square
Leo Tolstoy House Museum
Teremok kiosk-cafe (haha I'm almost positive there are no actual restaurants of this)
Park Pobedy
Circle Line Metros (July 2nd)
Statue Park Garden (where Soviet statues go do die; next to New Tretyakov)
Detskii Mir (you're lucky you already went here, it just closed down today for reconstruction for the next three years) (June 26th)
The Clean Ponds
Moscow Zoo (don't go here)
Kolomenskoe (July 2nd)
Bulgakov Museum (& Patriarch's Pond)
Central House of Artists

Note: Rebecca Johnston was kind enough to fix the many spelling errors contained in the name of sights suggested to me that I had directly copied and pasted from E-mails, Facebook messages and wall posts.

1 comment:

Savin (Nay) Wangtal said...

Hey Luke.
Nice to see you're doing well. So how was the toy store? I'm super interested--I love toys, haha.

I've been spending my time lately playing Etrian Odyssey2 on the DS. It's a pretty simple, old-school dungeon crawler game, but damn, it's so addictive. I'm still kinda waiting to hear back from the U I wanted to do research with, but it would be hard. Thai Univs do not have a formal structure to taking research students (Thais don't do research). So I can't really plop myself into the middle of a continuing project, but there is one that I'm very interested in that is starting up. However, they're pending for funding, and for all I know, they probably wouldn't be able to start up until I'm gone. If only I had taken chem instead. There are so many bio-chem research center..
But yeah, instead I will hopefully be able to take a short vocational course in some community college. At least I would be able to learn something about engineering that way.

ps. A cheeky news: I think our prime minister is officially mentally unstable. I chuckle dryly every time he says something.. it's always funny in an extremely pathetic way. Talk about having a shitty leader. I can't believe politics can make such a dark comedy. The ruling party right now is called the People Power Party (PPP), which was formed out of the ashes of TRT (last ruling party, headed by the former PM. It was forced to disband due to multiple election fraud, along with other graft issues. Now the PPP is charged with more election fraud and would possibly be disbanded, yet again. And those exact same politicians are planning to set up yet another new party. Hopefully no one even attempt to vote for them.. they already costed us billions, and actually gave some land to Cambodia.